Greater Columbia Behavioral Health
- As a health plan contractor for the State of Washington for Medicaid-funded mental health services, Greater Columbia Behavioral Health (GCBH) has provided mental health services through a network of local providers in coordination with county governments to best serve its 160,000 members in their communities in 10 counties in Southeastern Washington since 1989. GCBH does not provide services to individuals directly.
- Greater Columbia Behavioral Health is committed to the development, implementation, and maintenance of a model mental health system of care that incorporates principles and practices of managed care and maintains the public trust.
- Recipients of care have timely access to the correct level of care regardless of their location within the GCBH region.
- Best practices are the goal of all service provision; GCBH will be a model public managed care organization.
- Recipient, family members, and other stakeholder voices are genuinely reflected in policy decisions and provision of services.
- Efficient and effective provision of care is provided and based on quality assurance and continuous quality improvement practices.